Database Schema

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
TransDiv
User

Database Schema

Post by TransDiv »

I would like to know if it would accept an database schema like this: It's a little ERP that I want to change to PHP/MySQL. The system can work with multiple companies at the same time so I have a table of companies -> Companies: ( Id int pk notnull, Name varchar(50) ); When you start the program, it asks which company you
would like to work with and store this Id in a global variable. Allmost all the other system's tables have a first column that identifies the working company (CompanyId int pk not null...). So any other operation (Tables Updates, Master-Details Updates, Reports, Consults,....) must be doed using this Company Id as some kind of filter but without the need to enter it in each operation.If you want to change the working company there will be a specific option to do it or you must reenter the system.

Can I do something like this with PHPMaker? (I know I can try it for free but I would like to ask it first)

Thx in Adv.
TransDiv

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Yes, you can do that by using PHPMaker.

Please read the following topics from PHPMaker Help menu:

• Tutorial - Advanced Security - User ID Security
  • Tutorial - Advanced Security - Dynamic User Level Security