Grid edit -why have to fill values in all rows?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
shripatel
User

Grid edit -why have to fill values in all rows?

Post by shripatel »

When we turn on the grid edit mode and page is having for example 10 records , then user has to maintain values in all 10 rows.

Is there is setting so that if user just want to maintain few of the records and save it accept.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You are not required to update all the field in Grid-Edit, if there are "Required" field, you need to fill all the "Required" field only.

shripatel
User

Post by shripatel »

You are not getting me

support there are 4 rows open for editing, i need to just update first row. Grid edit does not allow me that it expects to enter values in all 4 rows.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Are you sure you are talking about Grid-Edit? If so, all 4 rows are supposed to be already containing data, why you still need to enter values to 4 rows?

Did you mean Grid-Add?

Make sure you do not have empty values in "required" fields.

shripatel
User

Post by shripatel »

Ohhh,, my mistake,

i forgot to mention it is grid edit, but i am not using table for it, i am using view .

When some one edits the view i use db rule to insert in some other table.

Sorry , again.

Pl. guide if it is possible to not required to fill every row in grid edit page.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

arbei wrote:
Are you sure you are talking about Grid-Edit? If so, all 4 rows are supposed to be already containing data, why you still need to enter values to 4 rows?

Table or view should be irrelevant.

If the field is set as "Required" or the field is detected as NOT NULL, and the data in your view for that field is empty, you do need to enter field value during Grid-Add/Edit. You can either disable "Required" or disable the advanced setting "Validate NOT NULL fields" (see Tools -> Advanced Settings in the help file).

Chris
User

Post by Chris »

It's possible you think that adding blank rows (5 by default I think) means you have to edit all of them. You can safely click Delete on the empty rows you don't want/need to fill out.

If you prefer, go to Advanced Settings and adjust the Grid-Add Row Count to 1.