How to show another Page on click in PopUp?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
YogiYang
User

How to show another Page on click in PopUp?

Post by YogiYang »

Hello,

In a database I have two tables.

I want to show user fields of a table (Table 1) which has to be filled.
In another table (Table 2) there is only one filed which will contain help text with very detailed explanations as to what to fill in and how to fill it in.

I want to show user a link when entering data for Table 1 by clicking which I want to show the content of Table 2 in view mode in a PopUp (Modal dialog).

How to do this?

And when the data is saved I want to fire an email to a predetermined email address with the content of the data filled in by user.

How to do this also?

TIA

Yogi Yang

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may simply use the Javascript function that provided by PHPMaker's Javascript framework named "ew_ModalDialogShow" to display the content of the page in Modal dialog window. Just refer to the generated List page which has the functionality to display the Add/Edit/View form in Modal dialog.

To send the email, then you may simply use "Email_Sending" server event. Just read "Server Events and Client Scripts" topic from PHPMaker Help menu for more info and example.