emailing candidates

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
ragingbullfrog
User

emailing candidates

Post by ragingbullfrog »

I have a long-standing project using PHP Maker for a recruitment business that I have been gradually refining over the years and now works pretty much as i want it to - after much patient input from this board and the Webmaster.

I am now trying to make emailing candidates easier direct from the database.

At the moment I have 3 options:

Option 1 - if it's a small number of candidates then I have a mailto: hyper-link in the List View set on their ID (Primary Key) that opens a new email in Outlook and I can then use a pre-set signature to tailor the email.

Option 2 - For larger emailings of between 10 & 250+ I can tag individual candidates based on search criteria which I then export their email address and name to excel, import this into a program called Group Mail and send out a personalised email.

Option 3 - Same as Option 2 but I just dump the email addresses into Outlooks BCC field and send out a non-personalised email.

Option 2 is not workable for most of my colleagues as it requires a level of technical knowledge that is quite frankly beyond them. I know it's not that difficult but these guys are salesmen! Option 3 is OK but the lack of personalisation is a problem as it just looks.. well, impersonal and it also requires a minor amount of technical knowledge.

What I would like to be able to do is to select specific candidates and send them a specific personalised email directly from my database.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I trying to do something beyond PHP Maker? BTW I'm not a programmer! What I have learnt has been from hours of trial and error and guidance on here.

Many thanks in advance!!

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

In V10, there is new Row_CustomAction server event. You can select the record/records and hit the create custom action link to perform your custom action (like send email using cEmail class). Read Server event and Client script in help file.

But not sure if this will meet your personalized email and require programming skill.