Mailmerge based on filtered elements

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Martin
User

Mailmerge based on filtered elements

Post by Martin »

Hello,

I am a absolutly newby with PHP codes, but based on the PHP-maker scripts I already created a nice homepage. But now I like someone to help me out on the next "problem":
Imagine my database is a based on the data of all of my friends, such as first name, last name, adresss, email, date of birth and name of their dog. Each month I'd like to sent an email to al of my friends who had their birthday.
So my mailmerge is based on the filtered list of all the persons who have had their birthday during the last month. These emails had to be sent right at the time I am calling my filtered list (or view).
To all the filtered persons there must sent an email based on the next variabels:
Sent to : email adres friend
subject : is standard the words : your Birthday"
And then the text : "Dear ## first name##, you have reached the age of "
then the calculated field of their age
and the text " years old, congratulations. How is your dog "##name of dog## "doing??"

Is their anyone with the patience to help me out of this?? It would be great and absolutely helpfull

Thanks,
Martin.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may generate a blank page for this by enabling this option from the "Generate" tab, afterwards rename "blankpage.php" so it will not be replaced by the next generation, and lastly, customize the code in it.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Use the Email_Sending server event to load the email template and replace with fields in the database.