Master/Detail using VIEW for master (v10)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
wazsxr
User

Master/Detail using VIEW for master (v10)

Post by wazsxr »

I want to be able to create a master/detail setup using a VIEW for the master and a normal table for the detail.
Currently I have it working for a normal table for master and detail however when I copy the same setup using a view as the master, I do not have the button appearing at the end of each row to display the detail. Is there something I'm missing here? Thank you.

Regards,
-Warren

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

Do you mean there is no master/detail edit/view button? It will be the same even you use master view. Check your setup.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Master/Detail link should still be shown for views. Note that:

• [Multiple detail tables] will not work since the view does not have primary key
  • [View] / [Edit] / [Copy] links do not appear since the view does not have primary key

wazsxr
User

Post by wazsxr »

Thanks for the replies, I’ve specified the primary key but I'm only after the master/detail link. I can't seem to get the button to display (on the master table list) for the detail records.
Again, I've specified the same links between the master and detail tables in the setup as I did for the TABLE master setup but the VIEW version isn't playing nicely for me.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

As explained, if you set up the master/detail relationship correctly, in the master list page, you should be able to see the detail table column (a button to redirect to the detail table list page)