Hide check box label with CSS

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
vintoICT
User

Hide check box label with CSS

Post by vintoICT »

On my grid edit page , i have a check box . I will like to hide the label . I inspect with chrome and i have this

HTML :

<label class="custom-control-label" for="x1_Custodian_id_671849">Doe</label>

CSS :

.custom-control-label {
    position: relative;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    vertical-align: top;
}

on user style I tried

label[for="x1_Custodian_id_828170"]
{
    display:none;
}

but its not working

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Make sure you have already reloaded the latest generated .css file. If necessary, you may clear cache the browser, and then try again.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

The id is unique and random, you may try a better selector (e.g. by name attribute) to select the labels, e.g. if the field a boolean field,

input[name$='_Custodian_id[]'] + .custom-control-label { /* See note below */

}

Note: Right click the element you want to hide in Chrome and select Inspect to check the real id and/or class of the CSS selector, read Open the Elements panel to inspect the DOM or CSS.

vintoICT
User

Post by vintoICT »

.input[name$='_Custodian_id[]'] + .custom-control-label {
display:none;
}

did not work . i addedit to user styles

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Just want to clarify:

1. Did you use User Values for the Custodian_id field so that you can select one or more item by using Checkbox control?
  2. If so, how many Checkbox item in that field? Is it more than one item, and did you want to hide only one of them?

vintoICT
User

Post by vintoICT »

Its a lookup check box on a Grid edit page.
I want to hide all the labels and display just the check box. Thanks

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

If you want to obviously hide all the Labels caption for Checkboxes control in Grid-Edit page, then you may simply use Lookup_Selecting server event.

For example, the field is Custodian_id and the lookup table name is lookup, it has two fields: Code and Description, which the link field is Code, and the display field is Description, then you may simply use this code:

if ($fld->Name == "Custodian_id" && $this->isGridEdit()) 
    $fld->Lookup->setOptions(ExecuteRows("SELECT Code, ' ' AS Description FROM lookup")); // adjust the lookup table name to yours

vintoICT
User

Post by vintoICT »

This is working

if ($fld->Name == "Custodian_id"){

AddFilter($filter, "id = '$vintocustodianid'");
 $fld->Lookup->setOptions(ExecuteRows("SELECT id, ' ' AS Lastname FROM custodianstbl  WHERE id = '$vintocustodianid'"));

}

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Although your code is working fine in Grid-Edit mode, you should add condition to check whether the current page is in Grid-Edit mode, just like you mentioned in your first post above.

This code:
if ($fld->Name == "Custodian_id"){

should be:
if ($fld->Name == "Custodian_id" && $this->isGridEdit()) {

If you did not add that condition, then you will see in the List page (not Grid-Edit mode), the value in that Custodian_id column will be blank.