Locale Settings

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
WABez
User

Locale Settings

Post by WABez »

Can anybody give me pointers, I have worked through the help documentation but for the life of me, I cannot resolve the locale settings (Internationalization). (v2022)

1. I have copied the language file and made the changes as per documentation - no luck.
  2. I have tried Tools > Local Settings and set it from there, still no locale file generated and still no change in locale - no luck
  3. I have tried to change the language file from Tools > Local Settings - still only Enlish (US) as option - no luck here either
  4. I have checked the Multilanguage Project .... - still no luck

Any ideas how this is supposed to work, please?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

WABez wrote:

I have copied the language file and made the changes as per documentation - no luck.

From which origin location to which destination location? How did you make the changes? Which code that you already changed?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

WABez wrote:

I have copied the language file and made the changes as per documentation

The existence of language files is not related to locale settings. Locale settings for all locales (supported by PHP) always exists.

I have tried Tools > Local Settings and set it from there, still no locale file generate

Locale files will only be generated if the language is used in the project (i.e. selected as Default language in single-language project or selected languages in multi-language project) and that locale is customized by Tools -> Local Settings. The locale file is generated in <Project Folder>\locale.

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

I have copied the default language file (english.xml) and renamed it to 1. en_za.xml, and 2. de_de.xml to see if the currency/date formats/etc. actually changes when I change the root entry in the respective files (the rest of the language file I left the same for testing, i.e. English names/tags), from:

<ew-language version="18.0.0" id="en-US" name="English (US)" desc="English (US)" author="e.World Technology Limited">

to:

<ew-language version="18.0.0" id="en-ZA" name="English South Africa" desc="English (South Africa)" author="e.World Technology Limited">

and

<ew-language version="18.0.0" id="de-DE" name="Deutsch" desc="Deutsch (Deutschland)" author="e.World Technology Limited">

The location of these files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PHPMaker 2022\appdata\languages (the default installation folder - with the original "english.xml" file). So according to the help file I then should have these options available to select as default language (or in a multi-language project). But I only see "English (US)".

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

WABez wrote:

The location of these files are located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\PHPMaker 2022\appdata\languages

Wrong location.

It should be in C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2022\languages folder.

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

Big thank you. I completely forgot about that folder (structure). That solves it then, much appreciated.