"Disable Project CSS Files" disables submenu (v11)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Chris
User

"Disable Project CSS Files" disables submenu (v11)

Post by Chris »

Disabling CSS project styles still results with program error:

Failed to compile project1.css.
SyntaxError: error evaluating function argb: Object #<Object> has no method 'toARGB'
[snip]
@ThemeTableHeaderBorderColor etc

I don't want to define colors in my project; all my templates use a custom CSS to define them. Previously I have created a Blank.xml 'theme', and disabled CSS creation but it's not working in V11.

Also, the main navigation is hidden by default. This is because the class visible-xs is added to the < nav > element, which only displays it to xs window sizes. You can test this on a default project by resizing the browser window down, the menu becomes visible. You can also remove the visible-xs via Firebug and the nav becomes visible. Turning off Responsive Layout does not bring it back, and we still get a compiling error!

The nav menu is also hidden with disabling Responsive Layout. This is because the menu is then created with a class 'dropdown-menu', which is not the proper place for it. These elements are normally hidden with Bootstrap 3 (display:none), until you roll over or click the parent element, which in this case is just a div with the class ewMenu.

So we need two things, adjustment to the template to fix the disappearing menu, and a change in the project code to disable the compiling of CSS. I think more people will want to do their own CSS, with the option to use one of those color themes.

-Chris

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

"Disable project CSS styles" only does not include the .css files in the header, it does not affect compiling. Problem is that if some required value is missing in your custom blank theme, it cannot be compiled. Since the project .css is not included, just choose any theme, do NOT use "blank" theme, it won't work. The project CSS styles contains a lot of styles to work with Bootstrap such as style to keep the vertical menu visible, if you disable it, you do need to replace those styles with your own. Better way is to simply comment out the CSS styles for .ewTable in ew.less.