master/detail not retrieving all detail records

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
keithh0427
User

master/detail not retrieving all detail records

Post by keithh0427 »

Hello all,

I have downloaded and installed the latest template and have searched the forum, but cannot find an answer to this perplexing issue.

When I click on the detail button for a master row, the master/detail page is missing three detail records. I have detail records ranging from 5 to 48 and it appears to be missing the last three detail rows in the master/detail page.

When I click on the "+" icon and look at the tabs and click on the corresponding detail tab, the preview shows all detail rows correctly.

keithh0427
User

Post by keithh0427 »

One thing I have noticed.

If I have a key of weekendID and then change the detail key from fk_weekendID to x_weekendID in the URL, the master/detail page lists all of the detail records based on the count of records to be displayed per page.

For example, if my page is set to display 20 records, then using the x_weekendID in the URL displays 20 records/per page if the record count is > 20.

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

keithh0427 wrote:
fk_weekendID

Foreign key is weekendID. I don't think you change fk to x will affect it. You may enable "debug" mode to see the sql to check. Enable [Tools]->[Advanced Settings]->[Debug].

keithh0427
User

Post by keithh0427 »

Daniel,

Looking at the debug provided the answer. The search is looking at multiple elements that I don't want included.

I set up the master/detail on just one element and it's more than that.

So, how do I prevent the extra elements in the where clause? I searched the detail table and can't see why they are there.

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

Check your server event like Recordset_Selecting server event which add filter to your where clause. Or filter in table setup.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

There must be something that you put in somewhere else so that the where clause were changed. Check the Advanced Search options or any related server event.

keithh0427
User

Post by keithh0427 »

I was able to correct the displayed record count by removing 2 elements from my advanced search functions with default search values.

Apparently, the detail list for the master/detail page uses the advanced search values which I find odd. I would think that the detail list would only use the master/detail link between them.