Search Problem

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
erzon
User

Search Problem

Post by erzon »

I have almost 109k records and I enable the quick search for dates, where user can search for the date and other string. My problem is if the user search for specific date it can show good results but if the user search between dates the results are not accurate.

Example

between 11/01/14 and 11/10/14

It will show results but also included the year 2012 and 2013 dates from nov 1 - 10 but year included are 2012, 2013 and 2014.

How can I fix this to be filter just 2014 only?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. What version are you using?
  2. I am using v11.0.3, and there is no issue for search date between two dates (using BETWEEN search operator) in Advanced/Extended Search.
  3. Make sure you enable jsCalendar extension to select the date with the standard format setting from your project.

erzon
User

Post by erzon »

Im using version 10.. and it seems I notice that the type of date I use is text and my mistake. Do you have idea how to convert this to date type?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Just use your Database Manager (e.g. Navicat) to change the field type from "text" to "datetime" or "date" type.

erzon
User

Post by erzon »

But im afraid if I do that the data will be lost.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Don't be afraid. Just backup your database first before doing the action.