Issue with email: You must provide at least one recipient

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
jbalbas
User

Issue with email: You must provide at least one recipient

Post by jbalbas »

Hi:

I am receiving this message: "You must provide at least one recipient email address", and I do not know what else to do.
I filled all the fields of the email settings accordingly to help file and several forum topics, specially: at the server's name the full server name, and at the username field the full email address, and not localhost.
Of course, I tested the email login and that it is working fine.

Help me to correct the situation and to get rid of the error message, please!

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

Double check if you have input a recipient email address under [PHP]->[Email Settings]. See PHP Settings in help file. Or post your setup in ewcfg11.php after this comment line, // Email.

If you use some feature that requires an "Email address field" (e.g. registration, change password, etc.), make sure you have selected the field, see Security Settings in the help file.

jbalbas
User

Post by jbalbas »

THANKS danielc, but I have ok everything you suggested:

danielc>> Double check if you have input a recipient email address under [PHP]->[Email Settings].
Yes, mine, same site, verified as correct.

danielc>> See PHP Settings in help file.
Verified, I do not use 'localhost', but 'mail.site.com', which is correct.

danielc>> Or post your setup in ewcfg11.php after this comment line, // Email.
Since I am using v9.0.5, it is RECL3_ewcfg9.php, is has:
// Email
define("EW_SMTP_SERVER", "mail.grupoalbe.net ", TRUE); // SMTP server
define("EW_SMTP_SERVER_PORT", 26, TRUE); // SMTP server port
define("EW_SMTP_SECURE_OPTION", "", TRUE);
define("EW_SMTP_SERVER_USERNAME", "{addrs1}@grupoalbe.net", TRUE); // SMTP server user name
define("EW_SMTP_SERVER_PASSWORD", "{pswd}", TRUE); // SMTP server password
define("EW_SENDER_EMAIL", "{addrs1}@grupoalbe.net", TRUE); // Sender email address
define("EW_RECIPIENT_EMAIL", "{addrs1}@grupoalbe.net", TRUE); // Recipient email address
define("EW_MAX_EMAIL_RECIPIENT", 4, TRUE);
define("EW_MAX_EMAIL_SENT_COUNT", 4, TRUE);
define("EW_EXPORT_EMAIL_COUNTER", EW_SESSION_STATUS . "_EmailCounter", TRUE);

danielc>> If you use some feature that requires an "Email address field" (e.g. registration, change password, etc.), make sure you have selected the field, see Security Settings in the help file.
Yes, I am using those two, and "Send email after {edit}".
In the "Email settings" I do not use ANY Security Setting, like SSL.
In the "Security Settings" tab (the padlock-like icon), [Advanced] button, [Advanced Login Options], the "Email field" is correctly set for [User Table Fields]. I am using my own in a test account.

Any more ideas???

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

You may uncomment this line in Email_Sending server event:
//var_dump($Email); var_dump($Args); exit();

Check if "Recipient" is empty or not.

jbalbas
User

Post by jbalbas »

Thanks danielc...

I uncommented it, also echoed and saved $Email and $Args (inside Email_Sending) AND... the program never gets to call the Email_Sending server event.
Email_Sending is in the Common section of the specific table that will be sending an email, right?

Any more ideas, anyone?

jbalbas
User

Post by jbalbas »

After man trial and tribulations, my program control is getting to Email_Sending server event.
In that server event I intoduced email addresses of sender and of recipient, just before the RETURN, like this:
$Email->Sender = "adress@grupoalbe.net"
$Email->Recipient = CurrentUserInfo("usr_email");

(If I don't, the original error arrises again).
But now, there is a new error message: The following From address failed: adress@grupoalbe.net

The address is fine (it receives and sends email from/to the 'outside').

What is going on? What should I check to correct this?

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

jbalbas wrote:
$Email->Sender = "adress@grupoalbe.net"

You miss ";" at the end of statement. Also, you may try to use other email address.

The error message is reported by your mail server, make sure you use a valid SMTP server.

jbalbas
User

Post by jbalbas »

Thanks...