Site Blank

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
WABez
User

Site Blank

Post by WABez »

I have tested an application I've created with a previous PHPMaker version (2019), which I've migrated to Maker 2020.0.7.

When I create the code, everything works fine on my Windows 10 machine, i.e. I can access the site login do everything as intended, however when I copy (straight copy as I've done in the past as with all other applications) to my Linux machine (Ubuntu 18.04, PHP 7.2), the it does not "load", i.e. it is just a blank (a white browser page with nothing on it). I've put a test page (phpinfo.php) into the web server folder, and that page works fine, so the web server side of things is working correctly.

I've turned on debugging mode, and still just blank. If I copy the generated code from the previous PHP Maker version, it works fine, but when I copy the generated code from PHP Maker 2020.0.7, it is "blank" on Linux, but it works fine on Windows.

Anybody any idea why?
Ok, so on more tests, I'm getting "HTTP ERROR 500"!

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You better set up your php.ini to display all errors during development: https://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc ... -reporting.

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

Thank you, that is exactly what I did and it gave me the following error (which does not makes sense to me at this point):

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/var/www/mywebsite/mysubdomain/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Make sure your PHP is properly set up and the "mysubdomain" folder is granted with permissions, upload a simple php to test, e.g. https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php.

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

Thank you, I was looking at the wrong folder. Resolved.