More on Web Push Notifications

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
bui
User

More on Web Push Notifications

Post by bui »

1) how can a user see all their Notification history. So if they miss out something then they can check the history.

2) Web Push Notification sent the message to the browser and show the notification from the browser.
Is there anyway to sent the message to the website itself and not on the browser.
All the message sent my the admin will be shown under the BELL ICON on the Upper Right corner.
and If the user want to see the message then they can click on the BELL ICON and the message list will be showing there.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

There is no such feature in the Notification API. You may also google "browser notifications history" for more information.

bui
User

Post by bui »

Thanks
I am clear the point no. 1 and also google it.

Please kindly share an idea how can I get resolved the point no. 2

2) Web Push Notification sent the message to the browser and show the notification from the browser.
Is there anyway to sent the message to the website itself and not on the browser.
All the message sent my the admin will be shown under the BELL ICON on the Upper Right corner.
and If the user want to see the message then they can click on the BELL ICON and the message list will be showing there.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

For such case #2, then you should not use Web Push Notification.

Since you want system to send the message to all users (assume only for the logged-in users), then you need one or some additional tables to store all those messages, including the sender and the recipient.

Each time a user send the message to another user, then you need to handle from the web application to display the notification to the destination user when the recipient has already been logged in, or when the recipient has just been reloaded any page.

If necessary, you may add a field to distinguish whether a message has been read or not. For example, you need to add update functionality to flag a message has been read or not.

jurbanoa
User

Post by jurbanoa »

Hello, which page do you recommend for Web Push Notifications?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please read Web Push Documentation for more info and example.