Calendar Report - Individual event Add/Edit/Copy permissions

hyperxp
User

Calendar Report - Individual event Add/Edit/Copy permissions

Post by hyperxp »

When on a calendar, I need to be able to set different Add/Edit/Copy/Delete options per event in the calendar.

Uses for this would include entry moderation for a booking/holiday calendar.

I require each entry to individually be able to have the right click context menu change based on content in the data. Similar to how you could use ListOptions in the main tables per record.
If not the menu, I need to be able to restrict the resulting pages.

The way I currently need to use it is as follows. A meeting room booking calendar

1.Every user can see and use the calendar. In my case it's view only for anonymous users, set using dynamic user levels.
2.Standard users can add/edit/copy/delete their own event into the calendar but not other users events, they can only be viewed.
3.There are Moderator users that can add/edit/copy/delete all users events. They can change the status of the event(confirmed/cancelled/denied...)
4.If a Moderator changes a Standard users event status to anything but the default status 'New', the Standard users event dropdown options should change. For instance, the Moderator changing the status to 'Confirmed', would stop the Standard user being able to Edit/Delete and be removed from the option list.

I understand the Calendar is a report but it’s been a very needed addition to my projects and has plenty of potential.