Table header filter behavior

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Satrapo
User

Table header filter behavior

Post by Satrapo »

Hello,
maybe a dumb question however I'll try to explain (Sorry for my poor english)

I'm using table header filters (excel type filter) for the first time. (v2024.4)

Consider this table as example:

[NUM] [CHAR]
1           A
1           B
2           C
2           D

I click on the filter icon on [NUM] and I see [1,2] as option, I select 1 and now my filtered list view is (as expected)

[NUM] [CHAR]
1           A
1           B

But now if I click on [CHAR] filter icon I see [A,B,C,D] as option. In an "excel type filter" here I would expect to find only [A,B] as option.

What I am missing?

Thanks

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please note that the options in Header Filter will not be filtered as well as the result in the table. That's why it uses the Checkbox control so that end-users are able to select his/her desired options.

Satrapo
User

Post by Satrapo »

So is not like column-filter in excel..

My problem is that I’m working on a simple table (brand - product - category) but with 200k records so for example if I use header filter on brand it will be great to find in the product-header filter list only products of previously filtered brand (like in excel table)

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

For such case, then you should not use Table Header Filter. You may use Extended Search instead.

Satrapo
User

Post by Satrapo »

Yes I'll do
Thanks!