New column on list or view only based on other row values

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
lsgd
User

New column on list or view only based on other row values

Post by lsgd »

Hi, I am exploring V10 and liked the feature of QR and Google Maps, but I see the fields are shown based on a data column, I will like to add a custom column with my own data.

I downloaded the demo10 project but cant see where is the code that generates the map and the QR code, where can in find ?

Out of that, I have a custom PHP that generates a QRcode based on a parameter, will like to call this and shown based on various fields, same for Google Maps, maybe add a popup link to view a custom map based on a url constructed from the data.

Regards

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

Create your custom field by a database view first. To change the content dynamically you can also use Row_Rendered server event, see Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file, to customize the CurrentValue. To add your own custom link to your custom script, you can customize the ViewValue (in such case you do not need to use Custom View Tag).

To use Custom View Tag, for QR code, you just need to setup [Custom View Tag] in [View Tag] panel. After enabled [QR code], you can click [Settings] to setup your field as the qrcode_field. It is similar for Google Maps. See Field Setup in help file.