How to allow login as someone else?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Adam
User

How to allow login as someone else?

Post by Adam »

I've created a client database which dynamically changes which fields get displayed on the 'Profile' page based on the type of client logging in.

To aid with client support, I'm trying to find a way of allowing admin users to 'click a button' and open a new browser window that logs them in as the client they were viewing... and do so without them getting logged out as admin users.

Right now, they're achieving this by logging in manually using a 2nd browser i.e. they work in Firefox as themselves but use Chrome to log in as clients, but it's a clunky way of working and I'd like to automate the process somehow.

As far as I can see, it should be fairly easy to add a link/button which triggers the new window and logs them in as the client by using the URL login method, but the issue is how to avoid messing up the session variables from their own admin-level login.

Has anyone managed to do something like this?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

There is no solution to do that except by logging in using another browser, even you have unchecked "Disallow concurrent login" from "User Login Options" of "Advanced Security" of PHPMaker.

As long as the current logged in user using the same browser, then he/she is using the same active session in that browser.