Login Issues

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
cslane
User

Login Issues

Post by cslane »

I see another thread on this but it provided no real solution. Here's what happens (I've started my project as new several times because of this):

The admin login will work but no users are able to log in. I've checked my server. It's correct. My permissions are set wide open for the database on my server. I have the "Use Existing Table" option check under Security, and I've set table and two fields as directed. I am NOT using the advanced settings. Both login fields are varchar. The password is a varchar(10) field composed of 10 randomly-generated integers and loaded into a string. On two of my 4-5 project starts I have been able to get the login in to work, but eventually, after I make some more changes to the database structure and synchronize, the logins will fail. I've checked by read/write permissions for the folder I'm testing in at my server and no problem there. something

Another issue:
I have also never been able to see the small dialogues when I try to create a master/detail relation as shown in the help file. I'm wondering if something is amiss with my installation. I'm on day 4 of my trial and still trying to make this work. I love the power of the software, but I have to admit the issues are becoming real time capers and, accordingly, frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas that would help? Is it possible to have a bad installation? Are there some features that are unavailable in the trial. Thanks in advance for reading.

Craig

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

It sound like settings (i.e. configuration) issues in your PHPMaker project. Best is to read the help file and try out with the examples by using the demo database, that should clear things up. There are various configuration/setting options to give you different results in your generated project, such as the "small dialogues" you referring to.

Similar for the login options. Are your users activated? Did you opt to use the "send email" to activate users, etc.?

Initially things may seem to overwhelm you, but you will find that it is fairly quick and painless to learn and use these various options/configurations/settings.