Load Project File Failed

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
kartano
User

Load Project File Failed

Post by kartano »

Hi, all.

Is there any reason anyone can think of that I would get a "PHP Maker: Load Project File Failed" message? The file was generated using the same version of PHP Maker, and I'm coming back to that project a few months later. The XML project file seems to open and parse correctly.

Any ideas?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

After clicking "OK" on that message box, are all the tables loaded into PHPMaker?

kartano
User

Post by kartano »

I get nothing - just an empty project. No tables at all.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

The closest approach to make sure the project file is valid is by comparing it with the other working-project.

1. Create a new project that connected to the same database which is used by the failed-project,
  2. Comparing them (the working one and the failed one) side-by-side by using WinMerge application, at least, you can compare/check at the second row inside the .xml project file. Also, make sure inside that .xml file there is a <Project ...> ...</Project> tag.

kartano
User

Post by kartano »

There must be something different about the configuration. None of the older backup copies will load into PHP Maker either.

I'll just recreate it from scratch rather than waste time trying to find out why it isn't loading.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Instead of recreate a new project from the scratch, try to use the project backup file.

For example, if you are using Win7, then find your backup file under: "C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup"

kartano
User

Post by kartano »

This won't work for us. The machine I'm working on has since been replaced. I have 3 other older backups and all of those appear with the same error.

kartano
User

Post by kartano »

Found a solution!

For some reason, the <project ... > definition tag gets messed up.

If I copy and replace the first 3 lines of the XML document with a default tag, it works perfectly.

inside83
User

Post by inside83 »

mobhar wrote:
Instead of recreate a new project from the scratch, try to use the project
backup file.

For example, if you are using Win7, then find your backup file under:
"C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\PHPMaker\Backup"
PERFECT
thank you