Multi-select field

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
kikomanalo
User

Multi-select field

Post by kikomanalo »

I used PHPMaker to create my data-entry modules. I used the multi-select feature of the field setup (employees) with employeecode as link-field and employeename as display-field. Worked great! I am now creating a report that includes employees (multiple values) to display the display-field (names) instead of the codes. Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Have you tried "Report" in PHPMaker? Read "Tutorial - Report" in the help file for more information.

kikomanalo
User

Post by kikomanalo »

yes, I have tried the report from PHPmaker and the PHPreportmaker. My problem is that one of the fields (employees) can have several values (employee codes) ie 0001,0002, 0004.
I used the multiple-select option in PHPmaker field setup. Its showing fine in the PHPmaker, it shows the display values: John, Mary, Steve. But how can I show the same in PHPreportmaker/ASPreportmaker, I cannot link these multiple values to the table that contains the display values. What I want to see in the report is the field employees with the value : John, Mary, Steve instead of 0001,0002, 0004. Thank you very much!

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You should create a database View to handle that. Just join the related tables including the needed lookup table, and then use the "name" (not the "code") field to show the name as the display value, afterwards use that View for your report. This should fix your issue.

kikomanalo
User

Post by kikomanalo »

Maybe I just need to figure out the SQL statement to link a field with multiple values (codes) to a table so that it shows multiple display values instead of the codes. Thanks again.