Multiple Table Lookup Sources

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
austinl
User

Multiple Table Lookup Sources

Post by austinl »

Is there any way to pull similar data from multiple tables for a lookup field? For example there is a table named comms log that has a field named calling station. I am trying to use a lookup table that pulls call signs from both the teams, vehicles, and individual attendees. They all are similar data, just in different tables. They are all integers if this helps.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Just create a Database View that contains those multiple tables, and use it as your Lookup Table.

austinl
User

Post by austinl »

I am confused on how to make a view to do this. I have three tables with call signs. They are radio_assignment, teams, and vehicle_assignment. They each have an ID field(Int) and a Call Sign field(VarChar).

I would like to make it so the ID field and the Call Sign field are all joined. So I would have two columns with all of the information.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It depends on how you want to join those three tables become a Database View, so this View can be used as your Lookup Table.

Post your tables schema.