Possible to add a custom combobox in a server event?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
jtdavidson
User

Possible to add a custom combobox in a server event?

Post by jtdavidson »

I'm using the marvelous Page Load CustomActions/Row_CustomAction combination to add a feature to the top and bottom of a list page table. But I need a combobox (also known as a select box or a dropdown) as part of the feature and for the life of me I can't figure out how to create one. I can add a button in List Page Page_Render ($this->OtherOptions["action"]->Add), but I don't see a method to add a combobox.

Can it be done, or do I have to use Javascript/Jquery to convert the button into a combobox and populate it client side? My worry is that, if I do that, can List Page Row_CustomAction get the display value of the combobox? How would I do that? Post it to some sort of global variable whenever the combobox changes?

The feature is actually triggered when the user pushes a second button. The idea is the function would read the value of the combo box and apply that value to all the selected rows in Row_CustomAction.

Thanks!

John

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Unfortunately, there is no such built-in feature for Row Custom Action.

However, the closest approach for this is by changing your method to update the multiple records using "Multi-Update" feature in order to update bulk records based on the selected value in the certain Combobox control.

Read "Table Setup" in the help file.

jtdavidson
User

Post by jtdavidson »

Thanks. But I'm stuck on the combobox itself. I can't figure out how to create the combobox in the first place. How do you create a custom one in PHPMaker server event? And how do you read its value in a server event?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. You need to create a Database View first which contains a Field that you can setup as Lookup Field (this field will use Combobox or Select Option control).
  2. You need to setup "Multi-Update" from Table setup for that View, so that it will support fo multiple update.