Grid add and edit function can't work? (v8)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
wangzhipengkmust
User

Grid add and edit function can't work? (v8)

Post by wangzhipengkmust »

Does anybody give me some suggestions? The modules of grid add and edit cant work. How will i debug it?
I have two laptop, i created the scripts by PHPmaker in a laptop and everythings is ok. But the grid add,edit functions cant work, seems no work, when i copy the scripts folder into another laptop.Except the grid add and edit , the others function add , inline add ,edit can work properly. When i click insert button in grid add page, nothing was inserted into database and the page return to the list page.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. What do you mean "Grid add and edit function can't work"? Explain it in more detail.

2. To debug, just change this code in the generated "ewcfg*.php" file:
    define("EW_DEBUG_ENABLED", FALSE, TRUE); // TRUE to debug

become:
define("EW_DEBUG_ENABLED", TRUE, TRUE); // TRUE to debug

wangzhipengkmust
User

When i click the "insert" in the page of grid add, nothing was isnerted into database. Meantime, all of the contents disappear in the page.
So i think the grid add function can't work properly. So do the grid edit fucntion.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. Have you tried to debug it? Did you find any error message?
  2. Are you sure you are using the same version of the browser? Perhaps it is related to the browser issue?

wangzhipengkmust
User

I believe it is not related to the brower. I mentioned i had two laptops and one is ok and another is not well. I installed the latest firefox in both laptops and the good one is still good and the bad one is still bad.
I found some info in the bad one:

1. when i access the web page of unworking , i found error message in the bottom of brower. The words of // is added by me.
    Could you give me some suggestions?

// YAHOO undefined
    URI: [http://localhost/x/phpjs/ewp8.js]

//ewDom is empty or not a object
    URI: http://localhost/x/caselist.php]

2. The php error log
    PHP warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp):failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\xampp\index.php on line 2.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

v8 had been phrased out. Please upgrade to v11, the latest version.

However, not sure about the error message you mentioned, since it is not in English. Some of them I understand, such as: "YAHOO undefined". It seems you are using YUI directly online to the original source from Internet. If I'm not mistaken, in v8 there is a setting under "Tools" -> "Advanced Settings" which will allow you to use the local YUI.

wangzhipengkmust
User

Yes. I am considering update to V11. Thanks.
I found the option using local YUI and clicked it. The grid issue is fixed after re-generated the scripts.
So, what is the issue? Is it cause by online YUI?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

wangzhipengkmust wrote:
So, what is the issue? Is it cause by online YUI?

It seems that the issue is caused by online YUI, since after using YUI on your localhost, then the issue is gone.

That is why PHPMaker provided this option, so that you may use YUI without having to always connected to Internet. This is useful if your web app can only be accessed via your Intranet (and not Internet).

wangzhipengkmust
User

Thanks very much.