MSSQL - Cannot insert explicit value for identity column

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
wuchi
User

MSSQL - Cannot insert explicit value for identity column

Post by wuchi »

Hello,

I have a task to solve a problem. I have four tables. 1 - Pub ,2 - Food , 3 - Accesories, 4 - Ingredients. I need to link together in this order: Pub -> Food -> ingredients -> Accesories.

So basicly one PUB can have MANY Food and ONE Food can have MANY ingredients and ONE ingredients can have MANY accesories...and i want that there will not be duplicate FOOD (one flour for example).

I tried with foreign keys no luck every time that error with IDENTITY. - > in database it is set to autoincreasement. I am using SQL 2012.

Wuchi

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

What is the complete error message that you have seen?

wuchi
User

Post by wuchi »

Hello,

Failed to execute SQL: INSERT INTO [dbo].[sifrantsestavin] ([sestavina],[ID]) VALUES ('234',1). Error: Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'sifrantsestavin' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.

IDENTITY is set to autoincreasement. Is there no way around this then to program Row_Inserted and discard ID from it...Problem is only when i have relation sestavina -> veznafoodsestavine -> food...it seems that it ignores that i have put ID out from EDIT in definition of food or sestavine...probably there is only simple tweet around this...maybe i am doing something wrong with the definition...

br,
Wuchi

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

1. Just uncheck the [ID] field under "Add Page" of "Fields" setup to exclude it from "Add" form.

2. Or, if the issue still remains, then try to insert the following code in "Row_Inserting" server event:

$rsnew["ID"] = NULL;

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Use:

unset($rsnew["ID"]);

wuchi
User

Post by wuchi »

Hello,

thanks everyone. Works...

Best regards,