Pre-populating Fields Not Working

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
amciotola
User

Pre-populating Fields Not Working

Post by amciotola »

I'm running v11 and am trying to get several fields to pre-populate based on one of the fields. There are three of them all text based: ClientID, Client Name, and Customer Service ID. I have made Client ID a drop down with the lookup table using the Client table, the ClientID as the link and display name, I left the other two as a text box but chose lookup table each with the Client table and the ClientID as the link field using their respective field names for the display field. However, none of it is working. I have read the help file. I've even tried filling out the child lookup fields and nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was able to do this in v6, which I am trying to upgrade from. For some reason this did not carry forward during the conversion.

Please Help.

Thank you
Annette

scs
User

Post by scs »

use in startup script,

$("#x_key").change(function() {
$("#x_desc").val("returned value");
});

amciotola
User

Post by amciotola »

Thanks but where does that go? I'm a novice at php programming.

scs
User

Post by scs »

Check 'startup script' from PhpMaker 11 Help.

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

If you want to use Auto Fill feature, have you enabled "Auto Fill" for your ClientID? Make sure you setup correctly. It should work.

amciotola
User

Post by amciotola »

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I ended up opening a support ticket and now everything is working as it should. The replies were all appreciated.