XAMPP Hosting issues

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
jkpalmer
User

XAMPP Hosting issues

Post by jkpalmer »

Hi,

My environment is
Windws 8.1 64-bit.
XAMPP for MySQL, PHP, Apache.
MySQL was installed using MySQL installer not installed as part of XAMPP

hosts file contains entry
127.0.0.1 localhost

Able to access all database tables via phpMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench without any problem with either root or with a specific user

I have PHPMaker (v10) set to user security as hard coded and to always ask, but the application doesn't prompt me to login.
The database is set to localhost
after generating and starting the application up, I receive error about connection timeout on some tables, not all.

"
Failed to connect to database at localhost:3306. Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party dis not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
"

The error is not always consistent.

I'm very confused....

Help appreciated.

Jim P.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please try to install MySQL as part of your Xampp.

I am (always) using Wampserver and never got the issue regarding the database connection.

jkpalmer
User

Post by jkpalmer »

I uninstalled XAMPP and reinstalled it with MySQL.

I also uninstalled the MySQL suite of programs and have migrated my databases to the MySQL instance that installed with XAMPP

I continue to receive the message -

"Failed to connect to (databasename) at localhost:3306. Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. "

Using PHPMyAdmin that came with XAMPP, I am able to access the database and its tables no problem.

Help appreciated.

digitalphotoworld
User

Post by digitalphotoworld »

Did you properly setup the database-tab in the phpmaker-project? Did you have copied the phpmaker.php-file to your xampp-folder?