Login after Google Sign In

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Creabis
User

Login after Google Sign In

Post by Creabis »

Hi,

Is the Allow Login via Session Variables deprecated in PHPMaker 2023?

$_SESSION[PROJECT_NAME . "_Username"] = "nancy";
$_SESSION[PROJECT_NAME . "_Password"] = "1234" ; //assuming this is the password

This piece of code is not working anymore. I've upgraded my project from 2022 > 2023. In 2022 this method still works.

Any help to make work around is appreciated. Thanks.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Why do you want to login via session variables? Where do the user name and password come from?

Creabis
User

Post by Creabis »

Hi,

I receive the Google profile. With that I check the VerifiedEmailAddress variable with the one in the accounts table and use that information to pass it to the Sessionvars.

In another project I sepperate accounts database from the project databases. So I have 1 accounts database server and many application servers/databases. It's kind of distributed system.

But my problem is that this option worked fine untill now (PHPMaker2023 doesn't seem to support Login with Session Vars).

KR

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You may use User_CustomValidate to change the VerifiedEmailAddress to the user name in your user table. From the docs:

Default validation will continue after this event is fired. If you return true, the user will always pass the default validation and get the User ID and User Level, if any. If you return false, the default validation proceeds as normal. If you use Advanced Security, you still need the user table to store user information such as User ID and User Level, although the password field value can be empty or any value if you return true.