Static User Level Security - Can't add/edit/delete permissions to calendar

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
SilentNight
User

Static User Level Security - Can't add/edit/delete permissions to calendar

Post by SilentNight »

User account can't add/edit/delete anything on calendar even though they have full permissions to both the calendar report and the calendar table it is based on. The options to do so don't show up on the calendar. Administrator accounts have the options show up and they can do everything fine.

Also I made sure to log out and log back in.

SilentNight
User

Post by SilentNight »

I noticed when making a new user level it has all the permissions for the calendar report and the options to Add/Edit/Copy appear on the new role.

On the user level with issues I had previously taken away these permissions and when trying to add them back PHPMaker won't let you add them back giving an error saying "Use the 'List', 'Search' and 'Export' column only for reports."

I had assumed these permissions weren't implemented in PHPMaker for calendar reports based on the error message but now I'm thinking they actually are, PHPMaker just won't let me recheck them for the User Level after they have been unchecked.

SilentNight
User

Post by SilentNight »

I am using static User Level Security.

This is reproducible on any user level for me with any project. v2023.9

To give the user level back calendar permissions I had to give the user level all permissions with the Edit user level dialog then manually remove permissions until it was the way it was before without touching the calendar report permissions.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

That's the limitation of Static User Level Security. You may try Dynamic User Level Security.

SilentNight
User

Post by SilentNight »

The error preventing me from rechecking the Add/Edit/Delete boxes says "Use the 'List', 'Search' and 'Export' column only for reports."

However the Add/Edit/Delete permissions are in use by the template for Calendar reports.

So this error doesn't make sense and this is a bug.