SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
lucasgirod
User

SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()

Post by lucasgirod »

I have a (headerless) custom-file, in which I (among a lot of other things) write a record into a database table which has an ID field with auto_increment set.

In PHPMaker 2023 the following code worked:

ExecuteStatement("INSERT INTO files (file_name,file_Header_ID, file_IBAN, file_content) VALUES ('" . $bookings["Filename"] . "','" . $bookings["ID"] . "', '" . $bookings["IBAN"] . "', '" . $file_content . "')");
$file_id = ExecuteScalar("SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID();");

In PHPMaker 2024 $file_id is always 0 instead of the used ID.

How do I query the last inserted ID from MySQL?

Thanks for any help!

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Double check your variables that used by INSERT INTO statement, make sure it contains the valid values.

lucasgirod
User

Post by lucasgirod »

The variables are correct and the record is created. Just LAST_INSERT_ID() always returns 0.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It should work as long as you've an auto-increment column in the table.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/203 ... ing-for-me

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You better enable Debug and check if there is any errors during INSERT.

lucasgirod
User

Post by lucasgirod »

The insert works without error and AUTO_INCREMENT is set in the database. The same code works in PHP Maker 2023.

Could it have to do something with the change of the DBAL in PHPMake 2024?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

No, because you select last insert ID directly by SQL yourself, the result comes from the database. Are you sure you have AUTO_INCREMENT field in the table "files" (not just "set in the database")?

lucasgirod
User

Post by lucasgirod »

Funny enought the following code works - guess I'll have to change all my code...

$sql_connection = conn();
            $sql_statement = $sql_connection->prepare("INSERT INTO files (file_name,file_Header_ID, file_IBAN, file_imported)
					VALUES ('" . $bookings["Filename"] . "','" . $bookings["ID"] . "', '" . $bookings["IBAN"] . "')");
            $sql_statement->execute();
            $file_id = $sql_connection->lastInsertId();