'Edit' pages hang up in Firefox (v6)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
FRC
User

'Edit' pages hang up in Firefox (v6)

Post by FRC »

Well, shoot me, but I'm still using version 6. Anyway. the problem is that 'add' pages work fine in all browsers, but for some reason, 'edit' updates do not refresh the page in Firefox. The data gets transmitted and updated OK in the DB and if you manually leave the page and go back to the list page, all data is changed. But the page just hangs and hangs once 'Edit' button is pressed. Any ideas how to get this page to refresh as it should? Many thanks.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I suggest you to create another project, such as "test", and then try it, compare it with yours, whether the Edit page will cause the same behavior.

FRC
User

Post by FRC »

Tried this and yes, same result. Page hangs indefinitely even while the DB is updated. Also tested all other browsers that I have. IE, Opera, Chrome all work fine.... Problem is with Firefox only.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Check whether any Javascript error in FireFox by using Firebug.

FRC
User

Post by FRC »

No errors found. But here's one small clue. I notice that whenever I add or change a photo, it refreshes immediately, normally. It's only updating text that it hangs...????

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

FRC wrote:
Tried this and yes, same result. Page hangs indefinitely even while the DB is updated.
Also tested all other browsers that I have. IE, Opera, Chrome all work fine....
Problem is with Firefox only.

Then it seems not related to PHPMaker code, since it works for other browsers. Check your Firefox addon or extensions (if any) that related to the refreshing image activity. Perhaps, they have been causing the problem. Alternatively, try to re-install your Firefox browser from the scratch (clean installation) without using any addons or extensions.

FRC
User

Post by FRC »

You're right. I'll approach this as a Firefox issue as you suggest, not a PHPMaker issue. Thanks for your help.